Seeing as here in Canada, March is Nutrition month, I wanted to focus on some of the latest health trends. My girlfriends, the internet, and of course my health-conscious mom are all telling me that I have to check out Matcha Tea.
So, after doing a little bit of research for myself, I have come to understand the hype surrounding Matcha Tea. Not only is 1 cup of Matcha Tea equivalent to drinking 10 cups of brewed green tea, drinking it can do things like burn calories, and boost your metabolism.
Matcha is loaded with antioxidants, and is rich in fiber. It can also provide you with vitamin C, chromium, zinc and magnesium. If you are someone who is interested in gut health, then you know how important it is to have these supplements helping out your GI tract!
Naturally, after hearing about all of these benefits, I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, I was a little late to the party and several coffee shops in my hometown actually SOLD OUT of Matcha Tea. Luckily, there are other ways to enjoy the benefits of Matcha and my local bulk food store was stocked up with the green stuff.
To highlight the versatility of Matcha I wanted to try out a recipe that I found on Honestly, The Honest Blog for Matcha Avocado Chia Seed Pudding. It was super easy to make and I really enjoyed it. It is absolutely a dessert you do not have to feel guilty about.
Feel free to check out the recipe below, how my pudding turned out, and leave a comment about how you use your Matcha.
Happy March Nutrition Month!
4 tbsp. chia seeds
1 can coconut milk
2 tbsp. Matcha
½ cup Coconut Cream
Organic Vanilla Stevia Drops (I used vanilla extract)
- Blend coconut milk, avocado, and Matcha in a high speed blender.
- In a medium bowl, pour coconut milk mixture over chia seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Cover bowl and place in the fridge.
- Stir after 30 minutes and place back in the fridge for 90 more minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk coconut cream with 4 drops of vanilla stevia drops OR vanilla extract.
- Layer chia pudding and coconut cream into a cute parfait!