This week on Fresh Start I wanted to incorporate a versatile ingredient for those of you who struggle with keeping the fruits in your fridge fresh. Strawberries just seemed like an obvious choice because they are so easily frozen. Also once they are thawed, they still keep their awesome strawberry taste.
An article I found in Reader’s digest has actually suggested that strawberries are considered a super food! I really wasn’t surprised. Not only are strawberries delicious but they have so many health benefits. Vitamin C, antioxidants and phytochemicals can all be found in Strawberries. Strawberries also adds about 2 grams of fiber per serving into your diet. Fiber is so important to have in your diet for proper elimination so you can release toxins from your body.
Since Strawberries also help aid in weight management I thought they would be the perfect ingredient to compliment our Plexus 96 Protein. The Plexus 96 Protein pack is only 100 calories and contains 15 grams of Protein. I love Plexus 96 because it isn’t chalky and is so low in calories; making it perfect for a snack.
Check out this week’s Fresh Start recipe below to try it out for yourself!
Strawberry Protein Shake
- 1 cup of frozen OR fresh strawberries
- 1 vanilla Plexus 96 protein pack
- 8 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-4 cubes of ice
- First pour all 8 ounces of the coconut milk into the blender. Then on top of the milk you will want to pour out the contents of the Plexus 96 protein pack.
- Now you can drop in the strawberries and the ice cubes. The thickness that you prefer your milkshakes to be will determine how many ice cubes you use. The more ice used the thicker the shake will be.
- Blend on “milkshake” setting until all ingredients have been blended together.
- Pour into a glass & enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this week’s Fresh Start recipe! It’s worth mentioning that this recipe can be used with any type of protein if you are not a Plexus customer. Let me know if you try it out this week in the comments below!