Part of starting my lifestyled journey, about 7 months ago, has been focusing on my health and wellness. I have really widened my scope when it comes to trying new things, especially when it comes to the food.
Just this week I started going to a boot camp with some amazingly motivational women. After just one class I knew I was going to need something extra to snack on afterwards. I did a little brainstorming and I decided to make my own protein bites and share the recipe with all of you for Fresh Start.
I also wanted to keep in mind that a lot of you have crazy busy schedules so believe me when I say that these are SO easy to make! Not to mention, after an intense workout fueling your body with protein is a great idea. It’s going to help your body to recover and help your muscles to grow.
Check out the ingredients needed and the instructions for making the protein packed bites below. I used Vanilla Plexus 96 protein but if you don’t have that and want to try these right away, you can use protein from you local health foods store.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Let me know in the comments below if you try them out.
Cinnamon Crunch Protein Bites
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Plexus 96 Protein (or your choice)
- 1/2 cup of cashew butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 cup of oats
- Cinnamon (sprinkle/add as desired)
- Mix protein & oats into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cashew butter and honey.
- Mix dry ingredients into the bowl with the sticky ingredients. After thoroughly mixed you can begin to roll the mix into balls.
- Place bites in a sealable container and sprinkle cinnamon on top of the them.
- Refrigerate. They should keep in the fridge for about a weeks time.